September 7 at the Redding Farmers’ Market
Ready to present your bestest-most-loved salsa recipe? Enter your salsa in the 2019 Salsa Contest at the Redding Farmers Market on September 7th.
Farmers’ Market Schedule
7:30 am – Market opens
8:30 am – Fresh Salsa demonstration presented by Chef Cal DeMercurio
8:30-9:15 am – Salsa entry check-in
9:30 am – Judging and People’s Choice Tasting
About the Contest
- Contest is open to anyone.
- Each participant may enter in more than one category, limit one entry per category.
- Mild Salsa
- Hot Salsa
- Fruit Salsa
- Salsa should be prepared using the freshest ingredients from an original recipe, no more than 7 days before competition.
- Please label your entry with your name and category.
(If you wish to have your container returned, it is your responsibility to pick up the container at the end of the event.)
- Each entry must be presented by 9:15 am to qualify.
- All entries MUST include a list of all ingredients on the registration form.
TASTING, JUDGING AND AWARDS
- Chips and small portion cups will be provided for judging.
- For home-made salsa submissions, a panel of three to four (3-4) judges will judge salsa based upon:
- heat level
- For restaurant salsa submissions, the public will taste and vote for a people’s choice winner.
- Winners – There will be one winner chosen for each of the categories from the home-kitchen participants, and one people’s choice winner for the participating restaurant submissions.
- Each of the winners will receive a Farmers’ Market Gift Basket.
RULES AND REGISTRATION
To REGISTER for the contest,
the rules and registration pdf.
Looking forward to some fantastic salsas. Happy chopping!
Chef Cal and Christa DeMercurio